Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday: A Day in the Life











































Claire woke up about 5:00. I sat down in the glider to feed her, and low and behold, the newspaper guy came flying down the street almost on que. For the past 8 months, he has been getting on my nerves. The speed limit is 20 MPH. For real. I put her back in the crib after she ate, and crawled back in the bed.

About 6:45, Jackson crawled in the bed with me, and Blake left to go to work. Jackson and I chatted for a few minutes, and I turned on the TV for him, and I got in the shower. He watched "Martha Speaks" and "Arthur," while I finished getting ready. I brought him his clothes, and he dressed himself while watching TV.

Today, the plan was to meet some friends at the zoo at 9:00. We were also picking up Emily (a family friend) from my parents' house, and she was going to go with us. After Jack and I were both dressed, I woke Claire up, fed her, got her dressed, and packed our things for the zoo.

I grabbed Jack cereal, a banana, and milk for him to eat in the car, and we were off...

I went outside...rain. Not ideal for the zoo. Just a drizzle, so I went ahead and picked up Emily, and ran an errand for my mom. By this time, the rain is coming down in buckets, and the play date at the zoo was rescheduled for Pump it Up at 10. Emily didn't sound too excited about the inflatables (she is 16), so we headed to Starbucks. She shares my love for coffee...We went through the drive thru, and headed back to my house. Pit stop at Publix, didn't realize we were low on milk yesterday.

I fed Claire her breakfast (rice cereal and banana mango), and Emily played with Jackson. I used to babysit Emily when she was about 2 years old...crazy seeing her playing with my kids! She played with both kids and watched "Horton Hears a Who, "while I unloaded the dishwasher, vacuumed, put away laundry, and picked up toys. I nursed Claire and put her down for a nap sometime during all of that.

I called and attempted to make 2 doctor appointments. I am sure offices have their reasons, but it annoys me to call and make an appt. and not get to talk to a human, and have to leave a message for someone to call me back to schedule my appt.

Lunch Time: Jackson had toasted cheese, fruit, and applesauce. Emily fixed her own lunch...I had a sandwich and a whole lot of cantaloupe....my FAVORITE fruit. I cleaned the kitchen, and then storytime.

I read Jackson a few books, and put him down for a nap. But, after an hour of resistance, he came back in the living room to play. We played Cars for a long while..I talked to a few friends...and texted with a friend from high school that had some good news.

Daddy's home. Love that part of my day! We chat, and I start dinner. Easy dinner...salads and baked potato (Blake) and sweet potato (me). We usually have that on the menu once per week (esp. in the summer).

Dinner is served. Jack is exhausted, due to naptime resistance, and falls asleep upright, whilst eating his apple. I take him to his bedroom...he has been asleep since about 5:30, and will most likely sleep until tomorrow. Claire has some sweet potato and a Baby Mum Mum....Blake held her, while I cleaned up. We both played with Claire, and had some time together. I hate when J falls asleep so early...Blake does not get a lot of time with him, but that is just the way it is, I guess. I wanted to go to the park tonight. Boo.

I took Emily back to my parents' house, Blake gave Claire a bath.

I watched Blake do "The Thirty Day Shred." I did not exercise today. Blake did a good job.

I put Claire to bed.

I did take a nice, hot bath.

I read my Bible and devotion. I wish I would do that first thing in the morning. If I move, my kids wake up...and Jack wakes up REALLY early anyway. Trying to figure that one out. Good reading tonight about protecting yourself from the enemy.

Claire woke up. She went back to sleep. She just woke up again. Ah, Blake got her. :)

I am going. To. Bed.

No comments: