Monday, June 27, 2011

A Day in the Life: Monday

I fed Claire at some point in the early morning, maybe around was still dark outside, but I am not really sure what time it was. It was before the newpaper guy comes flying through (usually about 5:00) at about 60 MPH...I wonder if his boss knows he does that.

I came back to bed and heard Claire waking up about 7:30. I fed her, and Jackson came into Claire's room about 7:45. We all 3 went and snuggled up on the couch for a little while.

I got in the shower and got dressed for the day while they watched "The Cat in the Hat." I fixed breakfast for Jackson (scrambled eggs and fruit), and Claire had banana mango and rice cereal. I unloaded/ reloaded the dishwasher while Claire was content in the highchair and Jackson was eating. Jackson might have dropped some of his eggs in the floor, and I called Lady to come have a snack....

Then, Claire was ready for her morning nap. I laid her down, then got Jackson dressed. We read books and colored while she was asleep, and I worked on the huge laundry pile that had accumulated over the weekend.

Claire woke up, I fed her, and we all got ready to go to Publix. We went grocery much easier now that Claire can sit up in the cart. Jackson usually does great at the grocery store, and he did today...but, he has began to notice all of the things that are available at the store that we typically don't buy...including toys. I love how all the merchandise is strategically placed at the eye level of a 3 year old. Clever.

We came home, put the groceries away. I fixed lunch...Jack had 1/2 peanut butter sandwich (which he finally likes!!), fruit, and yogurt...Claire had squash and applesauce. I unloaded/reloaded the dishwasher again.

Jackson was tired, and after a few disciplinary issues, he went down for a nap a little early and went right to sleep. Claire is teething, and fell asleep, but woke up screaming every time I put her down, so we chilled out on the couch for a little bit, and then she played in the floor while I had my devotional time.

Jackson woke up, Claire finally fell asleep. We played trains, and I put up some of the laundry.

Blake came home...yay! I started dinner while he entertained the troops. We had Simple Spaghetti, salad, and cantaloupe for dessert. Claire had cereal and sweet potatoes....I cleaned the kitchen, and Blake took Jackson outside to play.

Blake mowed the grass with a little help from the Jack-man and his very own push mower. Blake came in, I made my first batch of homemade bread...tasty.

I cleaned the bathrooms, and then Blake gave the kids a bath while I went for a run.

I came back from running, nursed Claire, and put her to sleep. Then Blake and I read books and had devotion and prayer with Jackson, and I layed down with him for a little bit.

Blake and I did a quick toy pick up, swept the floor, and laid on the couch and started watching Food Matters. But, we both fell asleep.

I think that is about it for today. I am thankful for these days when I really don't think I have accomplished much...when I start writing it all down, I guess maybe I did have a productive day! Love my Jesus, hubby, and babies. Love taking care of my hubby and babies...and so glad Jesus takes care of me. Thankful for these days....Enjoying every second. Hope ya'll had a great Monday!

I have some pics from today, but the computer is too slow tonight to upload them!

1 comment:

The Wood Family said...

I love you and I love this.