Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Snapshots: A Day in the Life Edition




I have been reading Kelly's Korner blog for awhile...this week on Sunday through Thursday, she is posting "A Day in the Life...." just to document her days, for herself, to look back at during this season of her life. I am going to try to do the same...if I have time. :) This will probably boring for most people to read, but this is my blog, right? So, hear goes.

Claire did not sleep well at all last night/this morning. She woke up at 1:00 a.m. and would not let me put her down...I tried all the tricks....swing, Papasan, crib (yeah, right), Tylenol....and she just wanted me to hold her. I think she is cutting 4 teeth, and I hope she is not getting in ear infection. At 4:00 a.m., she finally let me put her in the Papasan chair, and we slept until about 7:30. Jackson got up, and Blake got him dressed for church. Blake and Jackson rode to church with Brad and Lydia. Blake has to be at church at 8:30. (That is why there are no pics of Jackson today).

I got up and got Claire and I dressed (My friend, Veryll, made this gorgeous dress for Claire...Thank you so much....LOVE IT!!!), fed, packed the diaper bag, made everyone's bed, and put Lady out in the garage in case it stormed while we were at church. We left here about 9:30. We got to church, and I worked in the nursery today.

After church, Blake took me to Starbucks and the cashier decided to treat our whole family to our drinks today. So nice.

We came home and changed clothes, and went to my sister in law, Jill's birthday party. We stayed a couple of hours, and came home so our kids could rest...they usually nap, but didn't today.

Jackson and Claire played and I finalized my menu plan and grocery list for the week.

I normally do not cook dinner on Sunday...we usually eat lunch with Blake's family, and today we had lunch for Jill's birthday, so Jackson ate a pancake and strawberries for dinner. Claire had sweet potatoes and banana mango. I cleaned the kitchen, swept the floor, picked up toys, dried a load of laundry, sliced a cantaloupe, froze 4 bags of blueberries, and sliced up a strawberry/blueberry mix for us to snack on this week.

Blake bathed both the kids, and I got them dressed for bed. I rocked Claire to sleep, and we read Jackson books, and now he is asleep.

I took a nice, hot bath, and am fixing to hit the hay.

Sunday is our day of rest. Tomorrow the real work begins. :)

No comments: