Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh my!


In my original post, I was going to show off my newest endeavor, making Jackson's baby food. I felt very domesticated on Tuesday when I pureed my son's green beans and banana. I was (and still am) planning to start doing this on a regular basis. I am planning to buy little ice cube trays that I have read about and prepare his meals myself. All the while, I have been very excited about doing this for him. It seemed to be a bit more economical and wholesome, right? I looked down at him today, and noticed he was chewing on something. Dog food. Disgusting, golden retriever, Bi Lo brand dog food. So much for wholesome and homeade. Boys will be boys, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... what a good mommy you are! I never tried to make Ansley's food. The dog food story reminds me of Ansley eating our dog's food and getting so mad when I held her down to get it out of her mouth. She seemed to enjoy it.

V-n-J said...

Lol! All that effort you're going through and he has a preference already:) I enjoyed making Javan's food. Once I got the hang of the veggies, I started pureeing (sp?) whatever we had for dinner for him. It was so easy and the best part - we saved a lot of money!

Not sure if you have seen this site but it has lots of great ideas: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/