Friday, October 24, 2008

Bye Bye Baby Weight!!!

I did it!! And I am proud of myself. Before I got pregnant, I walked 3 or 4 miles most days, and Blake and I worked out at the the YMCA a couple of nights per week. But during my pregnancy, I was unable to exercise, and of course gained a normal amount of "baby weight." At first, the pounds were shedding quickly, but then, I hit a plateau, and became a bit frustrated. I was trying to eat healthy, but was having to make sure I was eating enough calories since I was nursing Jackson. So, I joined Weight Watchers at the end of the summer. They have a special program for nursing moms and explained to me that I really shouldn't lose more than 1 or 2 pounds per week if I were eating enough for Jackson and me. So, I slowly changed my diet and started exercising again, 4-5 times per week. Today, I went to weigh in, and I have lost 15.4 pounds. I weigh exactly the same as I did when I got pregnant. I am going to keep going...I still have more to lose, but I have met my first goal. I am really enjoying eating healthy, and walking is kind of addictive. I try to go a little further everyday in a shorter amount of time...it's kind of like a little competition with myself. Bye bye baby weight! See ya next time.

5 comments:

The Sandefurs said...

Good for you, girl! Now, you just need to motivate THIS mama to loose her baby weight!

Josh Courtney Jacob Caden said...

Congrats! Don't you just love weight watchers?

V-n-J said...

That's awesome Alisha! Congrats.

Christy C Beach said...

Way to go! You are awesome. Hooray for WW!

Claire said...

Nice going Alisha. We need to get back to our Friday morning walks.