Wednesday, February 9, 2011

38: Interesting


On Monday, I went for my yearly eye exam. My vision is still 20/20. My eyes are always red...I have always assumed that it was because I have not had a full night of sleep in about 3 1/2 years. The sleep has become less frequent, as of late, since we have a newborn in the house. She is a good sleeper, but not sleeping in 12 hour stretches or anything like that. Jackson doesn't either. That is just how we roll around our house. Anyway, Mr. Eye Doctor commented that my eyes were red...I explained my sleeping habits, and let him get on with the check up. Yeah, so evidently both of my corneas are inflamed and irritated on only the lower half. He explained that this usually only happens when people are sleeping, but not actually closing their eyes all the way...basically sleeping with my eyes half open (half shut, if you are a pessimist). That is kind of creepy. I think it would freak me out a little and I looked over at Blake and his eyes weren't completely shut while he was sleeping....but I guess he is too tired to notice. I have some medicine to clear up the redness...but I didn't think to ask him what to do about this issue I am having, since it is quite an involuntary act. Hmm....

4 comments:

Samantha said...

that made me laugh. you're just always alert :-) sleep mask?

Claire said...

made me laugh too....especially the part about half open/half shut. hope the medicine helps.

Tiffany said...

This is so you.

Anonymous said...

I've been known to sleep with my eyes half open (I'm an optimist... ha!) before too. It is kinda creepy. My aunt thought I was awake once when I was younger and was talking to me and I never responded. I wonder if this is the reason my eyes sometimes feel dry? Hhhmmm...