Sunday, August 1, 2010

Room Makeover






Last weekend, we converted Jackson's toddler bed to a full size bed (insert tears here). I don't think Jackson was very comfy sleeping on the hard crib mattress that was on his toddler bed..he has been napping in our bed for months, and comes into our room in the wee hours of the morning, and sleeps so much better in our bed. Just as I suspected...he has been taking three hour naps in his bed, and is staying in his new bed all night long, for the most part.
I also took the changing pad off of his changing table, and it is now being used as a dresser. Jackson is not completely potty trained, but his legs were hanging off of the changing table, so I knew it was time. Ha.
I am going to order new bedding and curtains, but what we are using now will do. A friend of time mine was redecorating her guest room, and gave the practically brand new quilt we are using on his bed. I am just not ready to part with the Baby Boats quite yet. Sniffle, sniffle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... it looks great! He does seem like such a big boy these days. I saw him at church wearing his backpack. It was so cute!

Claire said...

Sniff, sniff. His room looks great! I bet he'll make the transition to big brother just as easily as he did into his big boy bed. Love that Jackson. =)

V-n-J said...

Its looks great and I love the boats/nautical look. I bet he looks so little on that big bed.