Saturday, August 21, 2010

Brown Bear, Brown Bear

Last week, I checked out a really cool website that had lots of ideas of things to do at home with toddlers and preschoolers (Totschool). I decided that this week, I would print off and get some activities together for Jackson and me to do. So, we made our very first Tot Book. All of the activities were based on the book, "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do You See?" by Eric Carle. We worked on colors, matching, counting, and ordering objects from smallest to largest and vice versa. His favorite activity was fingerpainting. Jackson had a fun time, and I enjoyed teaching my little guy.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Looks like my kind of day. I saw on a blog recently another activity to do with Brown Bear...the blog author had made felt animals in all of the appropriate colors (and the teacher) and it was a cool matching activity that she did with her preschooler. I will check out the website for sure.