Sunday, August 8, 2010

29 Weeks



Our baby girl has a name! Yay!! We are naming her Madeline Claire Freeman, and are going to call her Claire. It is time to start monogramming those sweet initials on all things pink. We also picked out paint colors this weekend, and are going to start getting her room ready next weekend. We picked out the colors, "Fairest of them All," and "Pretty in Pink." Blake is going to paint the top half of the wall the lighter pink, and the bottom the brighter pink, and put a chair rail up in her room. I am excited about starting this project! Yay!!


We had an awesome church service this morning. I usually keep our blog pretty light hearted, and is usually just updates with what is going on with us, but I thought I would share just a little bit of what has been going on, and how BIG my God is, and how much He loves and cares for me.


Ever since I found out I was pregnant with baby girl, I have pretty much known I will have to have another cesarean with this baby's delivery. This was something I really struggled with after I had Jackson...I don't know why....it was not that bad, and my recovery was really easy, but it scared the heebie jeebies out of me! I get scared when I think about doing it again. These little fears have been creeping up in other areas of my life too....worrying about Blake, Jackson, and other things big and small...things that I have no control over.


This morning at church, I was praying and I was gently and sweetly reminded that God has not given me a Spirit of fear, but of love, and that he is a shield for me. He protects His children. His word tells me so. He protects Blake, Jackson, me, and is a shield for all of these things (great and small) that I am carrying around and worrying about. So I prayed, and surrendered these things to him...and my load has been a lot lighter this afternoon.


With all that being said, tonight, we were leaving my parents' house, and Jackson was walking down the front porch steps, which he has done tons of times, and somehow leans forward and does a front flip of the porch. It looked awful, and of course scared me...Blake picked him up...he was crying...guess what? He had a tiny scratch on his face. That is all. God protected my little guy. He is taking good care of him, and maybe I just shouldn't worry so much.


I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4


As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless.He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. 2 Samuel 22:31

4 comments:

Claire said...

Yay for the name. Of course, I love it! =) And thanks for sharing your heart about your answered prayer(s). You are right, God is big. Loved the verses you listed at the end of the post. Great reminders.

Anonymous said...

Baby Claire will be here before we know it! YAY! Love the name. Also, love the verses you shared. God will take care of all it and give you peace! Trust in Him! Love ya! :)

V-n-J said...

What a sweet name for a sweet baby girl:) I too love those verses you shared ... we serve a GREAT God!

Kellie and Chuck said...

Love the name and I want to thank you for sharing as well. Sometimes it is hard to just let God be in control and let our fear go...I know all too well, but he is Always there looking over us and our loved ones. I know the type of peace you felt that day, as I felt it as well for different reasons in my life. I pray for a safe delivery and all fears washed away!
Peace, peace, wonderful peace!