Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ode to Starbucks

Dear Starbucks,
It is going to be a long 10 weeks without you. I so enjoy rolling through the drive thru window and partaking in your sweet goodness after a day of grocery shopping and running errands. I look forward to seeing you every Friday, and sometimes on our occasional midweek visit. But, you remember the drill from about 2.5 years ago, so I will see you again with Baby Claire in the backseat. No more sweet treats for a while....gotta keep me and my girl healthy.
Love,
Alisha
In case you are wondering, I failed (bombed) my glucose test. I have gestational diabetes again....I start testing 4 times per day today. I am praying it will be as easy to keep under control as it was with Jackson. Please pray that it is, too! (And you might want to sneak Blake and Jackson a sweet treat every once in a while. I found Blake's ice cream bowl in the sink this morning...he was so sweet to sneak while I was sleeping!)

2 comments:

V-n-J said...

ugh ... girl I feel ya pain:( I'm sure you will do just fine managing it. btw Starbucks can meet you at the hospital the day you deliver Claire. no need to wait for that car ride home:)

Anonymous said...

So sorry, girl! I'll be happy to bring you something sweet or your favorite Starbucks drink after you have baby Claire! :)