Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This is the Day

We went to Chuck E. Cheese's with Amy and Emma today. Emma wanted to love on Jackson. He wasn't so receptive today.
Jackson's "Hallelujah."








I'm reaching my hand to Yours
Believing there's so much more
Knowing that all You have in store for me is good
Is good
Today is the day
You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
Today is the day
You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it

And I won't worry about tomorrow
I'm trusting in what You say
Today is the day
I'm putting my fears aside
I'm leaving my doubts behind
I'm giving my hopes and dreams to You, Jesus
I'm reaching my hands to Yours
Believing there's so much more
Knowing that all You have in store for me is good
I will stand upon Your truth.
And all my days I'll live for You
Today is the day
You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
Today is the day
You have made I will rejoice and be glad in it
And I won`t worry about tomorrow
I`m giving you my fears and sorrows
Where you lead me I will follow
I'm trusting in what you say
Today is the day

After taking one year off of work to care for my son, I am returning to work tomorrow. I am actually going to be filling in as a substitute teacher for Robin (see Camp Coffman link...he is so cute!!). Her class is really great, and I have taught many of the students before, which is also very exciting. They are fourth graders now, and the last time I taught them, most of them were just seven years old, so that will be really neat.

To be completely transparent, I am also really sad about not being at home with Jackson. Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful that I was able to stay home with him this whole first year, but I am having a hard time. I am nervous about balancing everything...I have never been a wife, mom, and worked a full time job before. The "new normal" and unknown can be a little scary. So, say a prayer for me tomorrow. I heard this song today and I was gently reminded that God knows my fears, I don't have to worry, and I can rejoice knowing that the plans he has for me, Blake, and Jackson are good.
"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24

3 comments:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

I am of course praying for you. I know if anyone can be an awesome mom and a fantastic teacher, it's you. You will now truly understand that your students are someones else's baby just like Jackson will always be your baby. You're perpestive will be completey different than before. It will make you an even better teacher. I know it will be hard to leave Jackson. He will miss you, but he will love to see you when you pick him up. Be prepared for emotional melt downs. It might be tough on him to go from one house to his house. Clark melted down for awhile on the way home. I don't think Jackson is old enough to do this, but just in case...I thought you should have a heads up.
I LOVED the poem. I am having a tough day and it really blessed me. Thanks for putting that up.

I hope your first day is good. Don't be afraid to cry on your breaks. It's okay. You're an awesome mom and friend!
Jenna

Sara said...

I have been praying for you today...well, I really started last night. I remember crying on Sunday nights after Ray and I had gotten in bed because it hit me that I had to go to work in the morning. I know it will be hard to leave Jackson, but atleast it's already over halfway through February...May will be here before you know it! Let me know if you need to vent!

theotherridges said...

Hey girl! It is hard to do! I got to stay with Vivi the majority of the time until the begining of this year. I know how you feel about not being able to balance everything, but you will get it. Blake seems like he will be a wonderful help. I got down about Lord, why don't I get to stay home? and He reminded me of all of those that would kill to have a job right now. The song I keep in my spirit is For wakin' me up this mornin' (that's why I praise you)..... For sendin' me on my way..For letting me see the sunshine, of a brand new day...

The first week is really hard, the second week is just a little hard, but by the third week, you will have it. Much love to you all as you ADJUST!