Saturday, February 21, 2009

The New Normal







We made it. I successfully completed my first week. This is kind of what it looks like:

5:00 AM - Alarm sounds and Blake hits the snooze / or baby cries in which case, I am up.

5:20 AM - Baby feeding complete, get in the shower.

6:00 AM - Dressed and ready for the day

6:15 AM - Devotion and breakfast

6:30-7:00- Laundry/House pick up

7:00-7:30 - Prepare Jackson for his respective caretaker

7:45-3:30 - Teach an awesome group of kids. I work diligently through lunch and use planning time very wisely.

3:45 PM - Arrive home, feed baby

4:00-7:00 - Play with Jackson while Blake cooks dinner and anything else I have asked him to do. (In the helpful non-whipped sort of way)
7:00-7:30 - Blake gives Jackson a bath, I get ME time

8:00 PM - Jackson is fed and asleep. I complete needed prep for the next day.

8:30-10:00 - Blake and me time

10:00 PM - CRASH!!!

3 :00 AM - Jackson wakes up.

Repeat, rinse, repeat


**Next week's goal: trying to find 3 times I can go to the Sports Barn to work out. I now open the floor to suggestions.
PS Blake bought me the flowers above on my first day back. A dozen roses and two dozen lillies. He's so thoughtful. I love him!!

4 comments:

Sara said...

You sound upbeat and positive...and I'm amazed at all you have planned to do before school. I never seemed to have that much time in the morning and always felt very rushed. I am still praying for you and hope that the next couple of months go by quickly so you can be back home for the summer. Let me know if you need anything.

Christy C Beach said...

Way to go girl. You are just the sweetest. I love how organized you are. I used to be better. Rub off on me please!!!

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

I have been thinking about you lots. How did Jackson do without his Mommy? I'll call you in a few weeks to let you adjust, but know I'm praying for you.

V-n-J said...

wow! I am exhausted just reading your schedule but kudos to you for making it through. It gets easier as the days go by and you (and Jackson) will do just fine!