Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day





I want to be his Valentine forever!

Blake and I normally don't do anything special for Valentine's Day, but since we celebrated my brother's birthday on Friday night, we had an afternoon "on the town." We dropped Jackson off at Blake's parents' house, and headed to eat at J. Alexander's. Blake and I have deemed J's as "our restaurant." We really like to go there to celebrate. The food is incredible and the service is awesome. We had the Spinach Cheese Dip and Chips for an appetizer. I had the Country Club Sandwich with a salad, and Blake had shrimp. We then did a little shopping after lunch. I needed to pick up a few essentials for my professional wardrobe, and Blake needed some new tennis shoes. We picked up Jackson a stuffed animal, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar." It is so cute! We had such a fun time on our date. I love my two Valentines.
On a side note, two of our friends are adopting babies this week. Please keep them in your prayers. Robin and Scott are in flight as we speak to meet 6 month old Ben in Taiwan Wednesday morning. David and Candice are flying to India tomorrow morning to meet their son Micah. I have never known anyone who has adopted a child before, and I have been very fascinated with the entire process. It is been awesome to watch the Lord move in situations across the world. God is good!

No comments: