Sunday, July 1, 2012

What's For Dinner?

 Last summer, Blake and I started going to the Farmer's Market most Saturday mornings.  I love going, and love teaching Jackson about where food comes from.  We have kind of gotten out of the habit of going, but we made sure to go this morning.  We may also try to go to the bigger market downtown on Wednesday afternoons.  They have a ton of food there, and it is just a fun experience.

Today, we bought pole beans, yellow zucchini, potatoes, fresh eggs, and grass fed beef.  The beef is really good, and I don't really even like red meat.

So...here is what we are doing with our finds this week.

Monday:
Meatloaf
Green Beans
Mashed Potatoes

Tuesday:
Homemade Chicken Nuggets 
Zucchini Chips
Salad

Wednesday:
Leftovers


Thursday:
Salad
Baked Potatoes

Friday:
We will most likely eat out or make homemade pizza.

 Whole-Wheat Toaster Pastries  I may give these a try this week for a new breakfast option.  I don't know if my kids would like them or not?  They are weird about textures and anything "gooey."  I think an apple and cinnamon combination would be good.

What are ya'll eating this week?

No comments: