Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Know....

As I have been thinking ahead, and thinking about Claire's arrival, I can't help but look back. I think back to February of 2008, when we met Jackson Blake for the very first time. We knew we loved him before we met him, but had no idea the joy, love, and laughter he would bring into our home. He has taught Blake and I so much about life, being parents, and most importantly about God's love for His children.

As I think back...

I know that sometimes God uses your children to teach you patience. "Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently before Him." Psalm 37:7

I know more about Thomas the Tank Engine and Lightning McQueen than any 30 year old woman should.

God gives good gifts to His children. "God is able to do super abundantly, far over and above all that we ask or think." Ephesians 3:20

I know I will get to take a shower again. I might have to get out a few times to appease a crying baby or chase a two year old around the house and corral him back into our bedroom, but it will be okay.

I know that God creates Masterpieces. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful. I know that full well." Psalm 139:13, 14

I know I will get to sleep again. I know to cherish those crazy first few months at home, especially when it is in the middle of the night, and I have my baby all to myself. Because it won't be long until she is sleeping in a big girl bed, all by herself.

I know that when I am scared or afraid, I can call on my Father. Like when the babies' fever is 104, and you are on your way to the hospital in the middle of the night. Or that dreaded first day back at work. Or when you are dropping them off to spend the night away from home for the first time..."So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand. For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, DO NOT FEAR; I will help you. Isaiah 41: 10,13

I know that it is not that big of a deal if Blake microwaves breast milk in the microwave for three minutes, and wonders why the bottle overflowed in the microwave (sorry, honey, but you will never live this down). She won't go hungry. :)

I know, and have seen first hand, that God is an amazing provider to His children. God can do miracles with mustard seed faith. "All things are possible with God." Mark 10:27

I now know what a Gymbuck is, as well as a Gymboree Rewards card....would probably better off if I didn't use those...but hey, a kid's gotta have clothes, right?

I know that my babies are on loan to me for just a little while. They belong to Him. Sometimes it is hard to remember that. I pray that I can be a good mom to both my babies, and continue to show them about God's love....trusting Him every step of the way.

Madeline Claire, you are so wanted and so loved. We can't wait to welcome you into our family. We are so excited God picked you to be our daughter, and to be Jackson's baby sister. We love you very much, and will see you tomorrow, sweet girl! Happy Birth Day!

7 comments:

kathy said...

Alisha....I love this!! You have shared your heart and thoughts so beautifully!! I'm so glad you have this written down because it would make a wonderful and inspiring devotion! Thank you for sharing and I know the Lord will be near to you and Blake during Claire's delivery and the days to come!!

Much love to you all!!

Claire said...

Beautiful!!! I love every single word. Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

All so true! Love it!

V-n-J said...

So sweet and so true ... thinking of you guys as you welcome Claire into your family:) Much love to you all!

Pam said...

What a lovely post. Your little guy is adorable and loved for sure. My first grandchild, a boy, is due in February and I can hardly wait. Here's wishing you the best with the new baby and all.

Coffman said...

Alisha,
Beautifully written and sooo very true. It is amazing how much God teaches us about our relationship with Him through our children...AND how much He blesses us with them! I love you, girl! YOU are a blessing to me.

The Sandefurs said...

One of your best posts ever! I love it, sweet friend.