Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Biggest Loser: Motivate, Dominate

Last Saturday, a few members of the fam decided to play our own version of "The Biggest Loser." Each participant is putting in 20 dollars, and the winner takes all. I am planning on winning, and have selected Tuesday as my official weigh in day. I don't have Jillian to help me work out, but I know what I need to do, I just need to do it! The final weigh in for our competition isn't until June, so I have plenty of time to meet my goal! I worked out at the Sports Barn last Monday on the elliptical for 30 minutes, and then walked at the park this morning for 30 minutes, and chased Jackson around the playground for a really long time, which, I am sure, counts for something! This first week, I lost 5 official pounds. This result is NOT typical, due to the horrible, awful stomach bug/food poisioning that hit our house last week. One or two pounds per week is what I am hoping for. Stay tuned for more results!

4 comments:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

We did this in our family when I got pregnant with Clark. It was a lot of fun. And fyi my doctor (Dr. Bilbrey if you want to know) told me that most women have to work out one hour a day five days a week to see significant weight loss. I took her advice and saw a big difference. I hope you win it all!!!

V-n-J said...

I hope you win! Get the 30 day shred if you want a jump start. Its just 20mins but it kicks butt and is a great workout!

Anonymous said...

Off to a great start, Alisha! Sorry you were sick though.

LTF said...

You're going down Freemans!! Brad is gonna kick butt! Go eat some chocolate! :)