Sunday, November 8, 2009

I Love You

Friday night, I was sitting in the rocking chair with Jackson, right before I layed him down....Every once in a while, right before he goes to sleep, he will be still for a few minutes, and let me hold him! He was being so sweet...He has always liked to play with my hair, and he grabbed a strand of my hair, and said, "Mommy, pretty." I said, "Jackson, that is so sweet. I love you." He looked up at me, and said, "I love you." That was the first time he has said those words, and I will never, ever forget. I thought my heart would melt!

2 comments:

The Sandefurs said...

As Edwin McCain sings, "these are the moments I remember all my life.." Precious!! Remember that fondly when he's a teenager, right?!

Sara said...

Isn't it the best moment ever?!? To me it was more exciting than hearing Jonah's first word.