Friday, August 28, 2009

Ziti Recipe

A couple of people have asked for this recipe...since I am a little forgetful, I thought I would post it on the ole' blog. I am actually waiting on this to finish baking to take to the Wilkerson's, so I am going to go ahead and post it since it is fresh on my mind. I got this from Tiffany about a year ago. It is yummy, easy, and makes lots and lots.



Ingredients:

1 box of ziti (boil following directions on box)

1 huge jar of spaghetti sauce (2lbs., 13 ounces)

2 T Italian Seasoning

3 cups of mozzarella cheese

1 egg

16 ounces of Ricotta

1/2 cup Parmesan

1 T parsley

1/2 t salt



Steps:

1. Mix sauce and seasonings.

2. Take out 2 cups of the sauce and set aside.

3. Take the leftover sauce and mix with the ziti.

4. Take about 1/2 of the above and put in the bottom of a casserole dish and add 1 c of mozzarella.

5. Mix egg with ricotta cheese and salt.

6. Pour over mozzarella.

7. Pour the remainder of pasta.

8. Add the remainder of sauce and cheese.

9. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes, uncovered.

8. Add the rest of the cheese.

9. Broil until the cheese is melted. (About 5 minutes)

1 comment:

Richy and Brittany said...

Richy and I loved this meal and I am so glad you posted the recipe! Thank you for the dinner!