Thursday, August 13, 2009

Road Trip: Jackson and Mommy

Blake has been working very, very hard and very, very long hours in preparation for the new school year. He has been leaving many mornings around 6:00 and not getting home until around 8:00. I feel so bad for him! Tiffany's husband had to leave Monday to go on a business trip 8 hours away, leaving her to take care of Ellis, 36 weeks pregnant. So, just in case Lainey decided to make an early appearance, Jackson and I left Tuesday to go hang out. I thought Jackson would sleep the entire ride, but instead was very fascinated by all the trucks, and waved to each one and told them "Bye."

Tuesday, we just hung out at her house and let the boys play. Wednesday, Tiffany had a Doctor's appointment, and I watched both boys. Wow! It really is different with 2 children. I often felt like a referee, calling lots of interferences and violations. We then headed to the mall playground, which is always a winner. After nap time, we headed to Camino Real to eat dinner. This is a tradition every time we go to Murfreesboro. Tiffany treated me to dinner since I had drove to visit her. Thanks, girl! We then took the boys to a park near the house. It was set up like a fort, with a separate toddler area.

Thursday, Jackson and Ellis were getting over their three day play date. Tiffany and I joked that we were just going to let them duke it out once and for all. We left around lunch time. As I was getting on the interstate, traffic was backed up forever! So, I hit the detour button on the GPS, and I came home a different route, through Dunlap. It was a pretty drive, but I did pass a horse and buggy on the highway at some point, as well as various signs that said "Roadside Table Ahead." Sure enough, there were little picnic tables set up along this route, instead of fast food chains. It was a very pretty drive, it just took a little bit longer. I would rather drive a little farther than sit still on the interstate.

We had a fabulous time, and I can't believe Lainey will be here in just 3-4 weeks!

















No comments: