Sunday, August 9, 2009

Museum with Mommy

Friday, Jackson and I had a morning on the town. We met Christy and Arden for breakfast at Bluegrass Grille. I have never been there before, and it was delicious! I can't wait to take Blake there for breakfast. Jackson and I split the fruit and pancakes. We both ate breakfast for $6. Can't beat that. One other thing that was really neat about this restaurant is that the waiter brought out a medium sized basket of little toys for the little diners to play with while they are waiting on their food. I thought that was such a neat idea, because the novelty of the "new" toys kept Jackson's little hands and mind occupied while we were waiting on our food.

After breakfast, just Jackson and I headed to the Creative Discovery Museum. Honestly, I typically prefer to go on these endeavors with Blake, but I remembered that I have taken 25 3rd graders there by myself, so surely I could handle it. Just one 17 month old. And, it actually went really well. We got there shortly after it opened, so it wasn't crowded. I parked the stroller, and just kind of let him lead the way. He really liked "The Little Yellow House." He also liked the instruments. But, his favorite was the little room with all the books. We had a really good time, and Jackson took a really long nap when we got home!




































This cracks me up. He is such a little bookworm.

No comments: