Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Decluttering: The Kitchen

Jackson was napping in our room today, and since I did not want to wake him from his slumber in any shape, form, or fashion, I cleaned out kitchen cabinets instead of working in our bedroom and bathroom.

Everything was pretty out of place...the last time I cleaned them out, I was about 9 months pregnant. And a toddler wasn't exploring things, resulting in me throwing everything into the closest hideaway I can find. I got rid of a couple of random things that I never use, and I have them loaded up to donate tomorrow. I also wiped the insides out with Pledge, so now they are shiny and lemony fresh. Wanna see?

Baking Ware and Pots&Pans

Small Appliances

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Two things:

1. Yes, I am now sure I want you to head on over to my house.

2. I am thinking that you have some pent-up teacher-ish feelings right now that you are having to release in some way. Think about it. For the past many years every August you get to purge, clean-out, organize a classroom. And now, you are taking it out on your house. Do what you gotta do, girl.

The kitchen cabinets look GREAT!

Blake, Alisha, and Jackson said...

Claire,
I have not thought about it that way, but I bet you are right. I may have NOT been teacher of the year, but I DID have a very organized classrom....lots of coordinated Rubbermaid containers with cute labels. Lots of binders and dividers that were color coordinated. This is the first August in seven years that I haven't had to get a classroom together. I did have to go in last August and get my room back in order, since I thought I was going back. I always loved putting my room together...throwing things away...decorating...this sudden house purging makes total sense now!

Please, please tell me to get help if you see me posting lesson plans for Jackson or giving him any type of assessments. Then, I might have took my teacher-ish feelings a bit too far.