Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Home Improvement

Blake and I are quite amazed at the amount of "stuff" we have accumulated in our almost 5 years of marriage. Some the "stuff," we, of course, use on a daily basis. The other stuff. Well. We have decided to simplify. And get rid of stuff. I am hoping to go through our house, room by room, and get this place whipped into shape and.... declutter. My goal is to be finished, well, by the end of the year. We are also going to take each room and make a list of improvement projects that we want to do, and as the ole' funds allow, do some projects around the house.

Project number 1: Paint the vanity in the master bathroom. This was originally my project. But in the end, it was only my idea. I did help pick out the supplies. But, guess who did most of the work? Not I.

Before:
Old Hardware Sanding down the doors



The finished product!

This past weekend's project was not a photo op. We replaced the toilet seat. I'll spare you the shots. But, I will mention that Blake and I got into a rather heated discussion at Home Depot. He wanted one of the soft, squish seats.

This is our "To Do" list for the master bathroom:

1. Replace the shower curtain liner and swap out the shower curtain from the guest bathroom. (It matches our bedroom).

2. Replace the valence.

3. Paint the walls and trim.

4. Lay tile. (We already have it left over from Dishwasher Drama. It just needs to be laid.)

5. Replace lighting.

6. Replace mirror.

7. Replace door hardware.

3 comments:

Claire said...

What a great idea to take each room and think of how you can simplify...right up my alley.

I think it's awesome that yall are doing this. When you get finished working through all of your 'to-do' list on Lightning, head on over to Hamill.

Sara said...

The vanity looks so much better! Good job Blake! Check out some of my decorating links on my sidebar for some cheap inspiration. (Nesting Place is my favorite)

LTF said...

Eww I hate those squishy toilet seats! Did you win that one??