Thursday, September 18, 2008

Which Child Is It?

Blake is a very deep sleeper, even more so when he is very tired. Chasing a couple of hundred middle schoolers makes him exhausted, not to mention he has some allergies that are giving him some sinus issues. No fun for him! Blake is infamous for making very funny comments, which make for very funny stories, when he is awakened from a slumber suddenly. I have many hilarious stories from the first few weeks at home with a newborn that are definitly worthy of a stand up comedy routine. Last night around midnight, Jackson started crying (possible pacifier retrievel or midnight snack, I don't even remember). I got up and was walking towards Jackson's room, and Blake asks me, "Which child is it?" I looked at him, and said, "As in children????" He then says, "Nevermind, I know what I am saying," and went back to sleep." This afternoon, we were discussing our dialogue from the previous night, and he remembered that he had been dreaming that we had a houseful of children that were running around everywhere. Hmmm.....I wonder what that was supposed to mean....

2 comments:

Josh Courtney Jacob Caden said...

Haha, that is hilarious! I cannot believe how big Jackson is!

Christy C Beach said...

This is too funny. One night Matt was looking under our covers of the bed for Arden when she was a couple weeks old. She wasn't even in our room. he was panicking. This story made me remember that. Alisha--call me or post on my blog. Let's do coffee or get kiddos together and walk at mall or somewhere.
love
Christy