Sunday, September 28, 2008

Baby Brain

I have often heard people mention that when they have a baby, it seems as if part of their brain disappears. As someone who is a little spacey sometimes, this what not good news for me. Examples of some of the not so intelligent experiences I have had prior to Jackson's birth are:
1. Driving away from the gas pump....with the hose still in my car.
2. Cooking frozen pizzas...with the cardboard still on the bottom of the pizza.
3. Walking through Wal-Mart with my skirt split all the way up to my heiny...(please do not try to form a visual)...
Anyway, today at church, I decided to take Jackson to the nursery after praise and worship. He was "talking", and our pastor was getting ready to preach, and I wanted to listen, and didn't want Jackson to disrupt church...so, I dropped him off in the nursery, and he was fine. I went back into the sanctuary, and towards the end of the service, Heather Ward and Addison (I thought) came into church and told me Jackson was crying. She met me in the hall and told me that they couldn't get Jackson to stop crying. So, I sped walked all the way to the nursery to comfort my little boy, all the while Heather followed me. I got to the nursery, and she said, "Alisha....here he is?!?" She had been carrying him the whole time. And I thought it was Addison. I felt so bad. Poor mommy, she needs some sleep!

7 comments:

The Sandefurs said...

We say at work that part of a mommy's brain must be attached to the placenta! Ask Beth about her cell phone text to Scott...it's one of my favorite Baby Brain moments! Ha!

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone will think it was nearly as funny as I did. I had actually forgotten about it until I read your post. Cracks me up! But, I can promise you I have done much worse. After the 3rd I am not sure I have any brain left at all.

V-n-J said...

I heard you two laughing when I was walking in the lobby and wondered what all that commotion was about! Someday we'll be able to go to the bathroom alone, take baths alone, eat before our food gets cold and hopefully restore those lost brain cells:)

Christy C Beach said...

I can just really relate to this. Thanks for the laugh!!! I love it. Mommy brain starts with Placenta brain and turns into Baby brain and then Toddler brain.

Trinity said...

Too funny! We have all wondered what happened to our brains post- baby. I think it sleep deprivation!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I do this sort of thing all the time! :) I'll tell you about the cell phone story that Jaime mentioned next time I see you. We're all in the same boat!

theotherridges said...

Too funny! We saw Heather coming in church on your side and thought she had Addison, too. Jeff and I wer like, did she forget which side she sits on? We all do goofy stuff like that. At the baby shower yesterday in that little wish book I wrote Carson instead of Cooper not once but twice! I swear I know my new nephew's nmae!