Monday, September 22, 2008

The Sweetest Sound

In the evenings, after dinner has been cooked, and the kitchen has been cleaned, we most always have family time together, just the three of us. Sometimes we go for walks, sometimes we sit on the back porch and just chat, and some days, we just spread a big quilt out in Jackson's nursery floor, and play, talk, and read books with him. Tonight we were all sitting on the quilt, and Jackson was playing with his little cell phone that he loves, and Blake starting tickling his belly. He started giggling and laughing so hard he could hardly catch a breath! His little tummy is so ticklish, and I just love hearing that sweet sound of an innocent, sweet, baby laugh. That baby laugh is on my list of sweet sounds, right under my favorite: the first time I heard his cry on the day he was born!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... I know what you mean. I'll never forget the first time I heard Ansley laugh. I was laughing and crying at the same time. There is nothing sweeter!

Claire said...

Alisha,
Yay! I found your blog! I have it linked now. Also your post just goes to show why you and Blake are such wonderful parents. Jackson will grow up with lots of reasons to smile and laugh! What a sweet family. Welcome to blogworld!