Thursday, May 30, 2013

Life on Lightning: 20 Days Until Moving Day

Jackson and I worked on his room this week  (his idea).  We have packed up many toys, and he has not missed any of them!  As long as he has his trains and books, he is a happy boy!

This is our project we are going to finish this weekend.  Our bedroom.  We are going through everything we pack so no clutter comes with us!

The living room is pretty much finished (promised laundry on loveseat).  A permanent fixture.


I finally took Jackson to the doctor today....he had a fever over the weekend, but today said his throat hurt and he puked this morning.  Fun times.  After paying my copay, we found out he has nothing wrong with him, except getting over a virus from the weekend.  He doesn't feel too good though, so we are going to keep taking it easy. 

Sister Golden Girl got in my lipstick this morning.  She loves beauty products!  

And she will not stop climbing!  Poor thing was barely walking a year ago!  I saw her doing this trick, and she smiles and says "cheese"!! 








I have been making a DVD of pictures of our house, and it has caused me to be very reflective about the past 7 years.  One thing that I am continually reminded of (yet again) is how faithful the Lord is.  After Jackson was born, Blake and I really wanted me to be home with Jackson.  Blake's job is quite demanding, and we knew it would be hard for our family to manage us both having full time careers in education.  Not saying it couldn't be done, but it would be a challenge.  We felt that for a season, me being at home with Jackson would be best for our family.  With that being said, at the time I was also bringing home half of our income.  So, when I "retired"  our income was cut in half.  We went to a bare bones budget, and at times things were not easy.  But, not one single need was ever unmet.  Babysitting gigs fell in our lap (Freeman Daycare), and little blessings continuously came our way,  And as I was looking at all the pictures of Jackson and Claire playing, laughing, and smiling, I know they had no idea how hard things might have been.  We are so very thankful. 

"The LORD your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands. He has watched over your journey through this vast desert. These years the LORD your God has been with you, and you have not lacked anything."
Deuteronomy 2:7

No comments: