Friday, July 1, 2011

A Day in The Life: Series Finale







4:11: Claire woke up. Hungry. I fed her. She went right back to Sleepytown.
6:45: Claire was hungry again. I fed her. She went back to sleep.
7:15: Jackson was sandwiched between Blake and I, and woke up. He wanted to watch PBS kids. We watched a little bit of a show, and I put on my running clothes.

Blake watched Jackson so I could go run. I ran/walked for an hour, and talked to two friends while getting my exercise.

I came back, fed Claire breakfast (rice cereal/applesauce), chatted with the hubby, and cleaned up the breakfast dishes, unloaded the dishwasher, and cleaned the kitchen. I started a load of laundry,

We decided we were going to have another pool day. We made the beds and did a toy pickup.

Drove to CVS, bought more sunscreen.

Got to my parents' house to swim, and Blake found our old marching band videos. We watched the shows from our sophomore and junior years. I, for real, looked like a 12 year old when I was 16.

Swam. Swam. Swam. Blake put together a swing for my parents, since we use their pool a whole lot in the summer.

Kids out of the pool, and I bathed them. Put Jack in a Pull Up so I would not have to spend the evening washing bed linens. Fed Jack lunch. They may have both rode home in a diaper/Pull Up.


Layed the kids in their respective beds. I took a 20 minute power nap. Blake woke up me, I was sleeping so well, I am confident I had drool all over the side of my face.

I showered, got dressed. Picked out Claire and Jack's clothes. Blake got J dressed. Claire was still asleep...she may have rode to P.F. Chang's in her diaper.

We met some friend's for dinner at The Chang's...I nursed Claire and put her clothes on in the parking lot.

We ate dinner, and decided to walk around the mall for a little bit.

Had a great time. Blake's parents came back from vacation, we went to visit them. We all got some pretty cool souvenirs from Disney World. Claire had a meltdown.

Came home. Some type of drama was going on at the Hometown Inn. Every police car in the big SD was there. Hope everyone is okay.

Got the kids ready for bed. Everyone is asleep, for now.

I probably won't do a series of posts like this for a while...it takes too long to type it out! But, it is funny to look back and read things as life's seasons change. I read a post I had written the other day, about when I went back to work when Jackson was a baby. I remember trying to balance both was really hard, but I eventually figured out how to balance both. I remember getting to work, all dressed up, and having crusty rice cereal on my shoulder...sippy cups in my school bag. Having Claire changed our family dynamics to a new normal, too. The most challenging thing is making sure I am giving both children plenty of attention...not wanting Jackson to feel any less important. I guess you just make a "new normal" every time life's seasons change. With much prayer and grace, God walks you through whatever you are doing, and takes you where He is wanting you to go. I think sometimes we (women, in general), are too hard on ourselves. I am trying more and more, to lighten up, take a deep breath, and just give each day the best I have. I am thankful for these days. And I am thankful for the days to come, all the new normals...I anticipate those with great joy, too. Thank you, Jesus, for your grace, your mercy, and your love that never fails.

3 comments:

Claire said...

I've loved reading your day in the life series. Been following it on Kelly's Korner too. Such sweet memories!

LTF said...

Excellent little series!

Anonymous said...

Love it, Alisha! How to cool to be able to look back on these entries some day. You're a great mommy and friend! :)