Thursday, January 6, 2011

5: I'm a Mall Walker....



So...in my attempt to keep my January goal...I mall walked yesterday! It was raining outside, so I couldn't run the neighborhood. We were going to church last night, so I couldn't go to the gym. Normally, I would have found that as the perfect excuse to just not exercise, but instead, I loaded up my crew, and headed to the mall. I walked for 30 minutes, pushing approximately 50 pounds of cargo. It was a pretty good workout. Ha! I treated (bribed) Jackson with a cookie and playtime at the mall playground if he was cooperative, and it worked. I have a feeling we will be doing this more during these cold months ahead!

1 comment:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

Oh that reminds me of my mall walking days. I used to walk the mall with Clark and Joel. It's so much fun to talk to the older crowd. They always enjoyed the children. I'd get there early and then let Clark play after I had sanitized the play area. :-)
I hope you get better from the stomach bug. YUCK!