Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Exciting Weekend and Forgotten Camera

This weekend was pretty busy. On Saturday, my mom and I hosted a Pampered Bride party for Nathan and Jill. We bought a cake from the Publix bakery (delicious), and made chips and salsa, fruit and dip, deli spirals, and the dish that the consultant made was a peanut butter trifle. It was delicious. Nathan and Jill got lots of products to start their new kitchen with. My friend, Beth, hosted one of these parties for me when Blake and I got married, and five years later, we still use the products every day. They hold up so well, and are very user friendly.

On Sunday, Jackson went to Jonah's 2nd birthday party. We had a fun time, and got to see some friends we haven't seen in a while. Jonah's mama is a former kindergarten teacher, and has the creative juices flowing! She made the invitations for the Sesame Street party, and they are so cute. She also made cupcakes that were decorated as Elmo, Big Bird, Oscar, and the Cookie Monster. There were also cookies with the letter J and the number 2. How cute is that? She had little tables set up for the older kiddos to color an Elmo picture, as well as homemade Play Doh and cookie cutters. It was such a cute party with lots of thoughtful mama touches.

Unfortunately, on Saturday, I totally forgot my camera (but did remember all of the ingredients for the consultant), and on Sunday I remembered the camera, but failed to put the battery back in when I was charging it for the shower on Saturday. Oh well. Win some, lose some.

1 comment:

Sara said...

You should post a link to my post about the party so they can get the full effect of my overachiever-ness! Ha! It was so fun! Glad you guys got to come!