Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hey Ya'll


Extreme Close Up Cooking Set


Paula Dean and her hubby

She was that close!
Last weekend, my mom and I went to the Expo for Women downtown. My mom got us both tickets, because she loves Paula Dean. She is one of my favorite cooks, too. Mom watches her cooking show alot, and I like her because I used to be really intimidated in the kitchen, and after being given some of her cook books, she made cooking sound really easy. And I like seeing someone smile if I make something good for them to eat!
Mom and I originally went to get our cookbooks signed, but even though we arrrived really early, there were approximately 7,000 people in front of us, and it just wasn't going to happen. So, we went and sat down for the cooking show about 2 1/2 hours early, and got really good seats. We ended up meeting up with my good friend Melissa and her mother in law, so the time went by pretty quick.
The "cooking show" was really good. She actually spent more time interacting with the audience than actually cooking, and she was very personable and just really nice. She walked around the audience and got about 3 feet from us, and my mom was smiling from ear to ear. It was such a fun day.

No comments: