Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just an update

Things have been going pretty good at the 'ole Freeman house. Blake and I are both wrapping up the school year. TCAP is over. There are actually 22 days of school left at my last count, 19 if you count the personal day, dental appointment, and appointment with a paper gown the last week of school.

We did bid a farewell about three weeks ago to "my car, " White Lightning, as I liked to call her. She was a "good one," but it was time for her to go to a new family to make new memories. As we bid her a farewell, several memories that stand out in my mind are:
-this was the car I had when Blake and I got married
-Blake hit the wall on the "W" road on Signal Mountain and scratched up the paint
-this automobile could probably drive itself to Dr. Childs' office during my pregnancy with Jackson
- Jackson came home with us in this car
- the infamous dog hitting incident during Christmas (I would link to go that story on my blog, but I don't know how). It involved a major part of my bumper detaching itself, as well as saying good bye to one of the fog lights.
-having a less than minor rear end collision on the way home from church and going into a crazy postpartum rage at the lady that barely tapped our bumper....WWJD? It was not one of my finer moments.
-not even sure how many hours of my life I spent nursing in this car
-turning my head just right, with the stroller in some weird contortion, just trying to get in it the trunk, whilst hoping no one is watching, or laughing



With all of that being stated, I am enjoying making new memories in my new to me, Mommy car. I love it!
And......someone has learned to climb. Look who got quiet in his room.....and look what I found!


He is also standing alone, now. He looks a bit Elvis here.





I asked him where his head was.....he said "i un no." Love the gestures.










Shake what your momma gave you, boy!







Blake loves this picture. Seriously, not sure why. Brush those pearly whites, baby.



6 comments:

V-n-J said...

Congrats on your new ride - we got to see it last night:) I bet you're loving it.

Anonymous said...

Love the new car!!! And I just can't believe how big Jackson is. He's so precious!

Claire said...

Way to go Jackson. He will be walking very soon.

I love the photo of you two brushing your teeth.

And I LOVE the new ride. Thanks for picking me up the other night for our hot date to Starbucks and letting me ride in the Pilot.

The Sandefurs said...

Hot date to Starbucks?? When can I go??

Love, love Mr. J dancing!

The Sandefurs said...

PS...appt w/ a paper gown...that's a good one!

Kirsten said...

I LOVE the new car!! Can't wait to see it!