Saturday, April 25, 2009

14 Months Old

Tomorrow, Jackson will be fourteen months old. He is just so much fun! He makes Blake and I laugh all the time at the silly little things he does. He is getting so close to walking, but not quite there yet. His new words this month are Papa, more, door (d0w), out, look, and book. This week in particular has been very interesting for Jackson, as well as us...We have made three visits, yes, count them, 1...2....3....visits to the doctor this week. We very rarely have to take Jackson to the doctor, with the exception of well visits, but this week was just a bit different.

Jackson made the complete transition to whole milk about two weeks ago. To make a long story short, he had Eczema all over his back and around his eyes, and sometimes his mouth, that would magically go away if he didn't drink milk for a few days. On Wednesday, we visited Dr. Wiley, and Jackson has a mild milk allergy, that he will probably outgrow as he gets a little older. We are now the proud owners of French Vanilla Silk and Soy Baby Yogurt. Yum. I am searching for coupons. I haven't been clipping for that type of product.

Friday, I came home from work. Jackson felt warm. My mom had babysat Jackson Friday, and said he was not acting quite like himself.....I took his temperature....103.7. Wow. Back to the doc, they wanted to see him. Ear infection #1. Ammoxicillin and soy for Jackson. By the way, in case you didn't already know, Publix fills lots of antibiotics...free. Gotta love Publix.

Today, we got Jackson out of the crib. Eczema better. New rash....almost everywhere. Call the nurse...she says keep an eye on it. Call if it gets worse. By 5:30, he is covered (eyes, legs, fingers, feet, everywhere). We took him to PM Pediatrics. Nice place. He either has a virus, (hence the high fever), or a penicillin allergy. Wow. We got new medicine. Unfortunately Publix Pharmacy was closed. Had to pay at CVS. Administered new meds. I laid my Jack down. He went to sleep, then about 10 minutes later, he threw up all in the crib. Blake cleaned it up. He is such a good husband....I love him!

I am praying he feels (and looks) all better tomorrow. Happy 14 months Jackson!! I am not sure when I am "supposed" to stop posting monthly updates of you, but I think I will do it just a little while longer, sweet boy!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Happy 14 months sweet Jackson! I hope he feels better soon. I'll look through my coupons for you and keep an eye out for more soy! Poor baby!

Anonymous said...

I wondered where you were yesterday. Glad to hear that you have gotten it all worked out. Hope Jackson is feeling better.

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

Oh my. What a week. I hope he'll out grow the milk allergy. I don't remember you talking about having milk allergies in your family. I can't believe he'll be walking next time I see him. I look forward to the summer when we can have playdates.

Jennifer said...

Publix has soy milk 2 for $4.00 this week. Also they have $1.00 coupons in the coupon books they keep when you walk in front door. That makes it $1.00... Of course this is at the Madison store but probably is the same where you live. www.couponbug.com sometimes has coupons for that stuff too.
I hope Jack is feeling better. We think Lincoln has a allergy to penicillin too. I hope he doesn't have one to milk:)