Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Sunday




Jackson, and his best girl, Abby







Jackson and Blake's bunny cake creation

We had a great Easter Sunday! We had such a wonderful time spending time with our families. We went to church Sunday morning, and had an awesome service. We then headed to my parents' house for lunch rotation #1. She cooked a wonderful Paula Dean style meal, and I ate way too much sweet potato casserole! We then headed off to lunch rotation #2, at Blake's grandmother's house. We had a fun time hanging out, sitting in the yard, and just being together. Jackson, and mostly Blake, decorated a bunny cake. Since Blake was a little boy, his grandmother bakes cakes and provides decorations for all of the grandchildren to have a "friendly, " (now somewhat, okay very, competitive) contest. This year Blake even took the eggs we dyed to accessorize the cake. We then went back to Blake's parents house for a bit, so they could give Jackson his Easter basket.

Oh...the other day, Blake and I were at the mall, and we saw the Easter bunny, sitting on his throne, of sorts, sending text messages. Blake and I both found this hysterical. Maybe it's the recession, and people aren't feeling the bunny pics, I don't know. Maybe he was texting the tooth fairy.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who puts educational games/flash-cards in my childrens' Easter baskets. It must be the teacher in us.

LTF said...

You forgot to mention that Blake lost the bunny cake contest and WE WON!!!! MUAHHAHAHAHAA