Saturday, November 22, 2008

Until Next Time...

Today, Amy asked me to go with her to Target and Babies R Us to create a gift registry for her baby boy that will be arriving this Spring. We went to Target first, and she scanned many of the essentials....diapers, wipes, bottles, pacifiers, baby wash, washcloths, hooded towels, burp cloths, receiving blankets, etc. We then took a break, and went to Starbucks, and then drove to Babies R Us. She registered for the bedding she is using in the nursery, as well as the travel system, and other large items she is planning to use. We had so much fun looking at all the the baby items!

I couldn't help but think about when Blake and I completed this task about 10 months ago. I remembered how we split this task up into 2 separate trips. I remembered wondering what my little boy would look like in all of the cute little clothes, and how he would like how we had everything set up for him. I remember wondering if he would like the swing or the bouncer. I remembered having a slight meltdown when we approached the aisle with all the the bottles, breast pumps and "accessories," due to my lack of knowledge and inexperience.

It was fun being with Amy today, knowing all of the fun, excitement, and memories she is going to make with her little boy in the months and years to come! We packed up Jackson's swing, Bumbo Seat, and Papasan Chair to loan to her, and hope that her baby boy enjoys them as much as Jack did. I couldn't help but be a little sad when we loaded them into the back of her SUV today. I can't wait to use them again, someday....later.


We ended our afternoon at Chili's with turkey sandwiches....her treat! Yummy!





No comments: