Sunday, November 2, 2008

7 Random Facts About Blake

1. I always have chapstick readily available at any time. I am not quite sure why, but every morning when I am getting ready for work I grab my wallet, work keys, personal keys, cell phone and chapstick. When I changed clothes when I get home, my chapstick is placed in the new pocket. When I go to sleep at night, I cannot enjoy my REM's without knowing my chapstick is at arm's reach on my night stand.

2. I have the worst telephone manners. Not when I am on the phone, but whenever other people are on the phone near me, I want to be involved in the conversation even though I have no idea who is talking and what they are talking about. Just ask Alisha. I have to be involved in the conversation and will willingly give all stakeholders my opinion whether they want it or not.

3. My favorite beverage is Dr. Enuf. What is Dr. Enuf (aka D.E.) you ask? It is the original energy booster bottled and sold only in Johnson City, Tennessee. It is a carbonated beverage packed full of vitamins and other nutrients that are quite tasty. There is so much mystique and traditions that surrounds D.E. that I cannot do it justice in this blog entry. Because I do not live in Johnson City, I have to have it imported by my suppliers who, due to legal reason, I cannot mention here. I am very protective about my D.E. since it is in limited supply even going to such links as hiding it in my closet, under the bed or in the fire safe when certain other D.E. lovers come to my house. I do not drink this drink frivolously. I approach the refrigerator, check out my supply and then ask myself, "Has this been a D.E. day?" D.E. days in the past have been when we found out the gender of Jackson, when Jackson was born I took some to the hospital, the last day of school, Friday night after a long work week, etc.

To find out more go to http://www.drenuf.com/

4. At the age of 28 I took up a new sport, soccer. I play for Steve Zisssou Football Club at the YMCA. We are currently in the off season right now. So every Sunday we pirate a local area high school's practice field and play. I also religiously follow the Liverpool Red's Football Club out of England. I watch them every chance I get usually having to pay 1.99 Euro to watch them online since the games aren't aired here in the U.S. My favorite player is the Spaniard Fernando Torres. If you are lucky, you might see me out sporting my Torres jersey.
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv

5. This might seemed a little lame, but in 1998 I was voted Mr. Soddy Daisy High School.

6. The very first time I flew in an airplane I was the one flying the plane. I decided to take a flying class having never flown in a plane before in my life. The instructor took me out to the Cesna and took me through the preflight procedures. Then, we hopped in the plane, lined it up on the run way and took off with me at the controls. I flew the plane for about 20 minutes and then brought it in for a landing. That was my only lesson. I really didn't have enough time or money at the time to dedicate to the lessons. However, I do desire eventually to obtain my pilot's license.

7. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. For years the Wednesday before Thanksgiving we go to my grandmother's house and eat a turkey sandwich. The next morning, I wake up, put my turkey in the oven and turn on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. My dad will always complain about the fact that the Macy's Parade really isn't a parade but a Broadway Show. He said it all the time when I lived at home. Now I call him and see if I can get it out of him sometime in the conversation. I stay in my P.J's until the parade is over. Then, I get dressed and usually head to my Tutu's (grandmother's) house and have a traditional Thanksgiving meal. After stuffing myself with, ironically, stuffing, my aunts, uncles, parents, grandparents et.al. play some type of game. Sometimes Monopoly, other times a good hand of Texas Hold Em. Now, since I have become married, I have placed some alterations in my traditions like going to Alisha's parents for dessert, but that is pretty much the core of my Turkey Day. I look forward to including Jackson in all of these traditions and even creating some new ones.

I tag Brad.

No comments: