Monday, May 9, 2011

The Mommy Book

I woke up to my three favorite people on Mother's Day.
I was greeted with a few gifts, Special K, and a placemat decorated with things to remind me of my babies (Thomas and Mater...a slightly oversized hair bow and pacifier).




Nice touch, babe.





My favorite gift was "The Mommy Book." Blake purchased a black scrapbook with blank pages, and filled up a couple of them for Mother's Day. He plans to add to it each year on Mother's Day with memories/memorabilia of our children.
















He even left ONE blank page after Claire's introductory page....I guess that means there could be the slight possibility that Jackson could get that baby brother he has been asking for. Maybe one day. In the future. Maybe. .......In the future.




He interviewed Jackson.

Q:How much do you love mommy?
A: All the way to the moon and back.
Nice, sweet, pulled those heartstrings.

Q: What does mommy look like?

A: She looks like an elephant.




Love that Blake is so thoughtful. I love my "Mommy Book," and will treasure it when I am old and gray...sitting in my rocker on my front porch. And chuckle with sweet tears when I think about my first Mother's Day with my daughter, and the year Jackson said his mama looked like an elephant!


4 comments:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

That's a great idea. Way to go Blake! I just love Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Awesome job, Blake!

Kirsten said...

Wow! That is an awesome gift. Blake is very thoughtful.

V-n-J said...

love it! what a great idea. great job Blake. ps tell Blake to pass on his awesome ideas to my hubby next year:)