Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Blake shared an email with me the other day...and it made me change my perspective on some things....

I am thankful for heaps of laundry (waiting to be washed) , and thankful we have plenty of clothes to keep us warm.

I am thankful for bathrooms that need a good scrub, and thankful we have running water.

I am thankful for an unmade bed, and thankful we have a place to lay our heads down at night.

I am thankful for pet hair that needs to be swept up, and thankful for a dog that loves us, even though she has doesn't get as much attention as she used to.

I am thankful for dirty dishes, and thankful we have plenty to eat.

I am thankful socks laying in the floor, shoes to trip over, and toys everywhere, for I know those are signs of life in our home.

I am trying to be thankful for doctor bills, and thankful we had good doctors who took extra good care of us, and helped get our sweet babies into this world.

I am thankful for a sweet friend that came to the Operating Room on her day off to assist with Claire's (and Jackson's) delivery. I was scared, but she helped make it okay.

I am thankful that I have had the same best friend since I was 8 years old. We have shared many of life's seasons together.

I am thankful that I have written well over 100 Thank You cards this year...that is a whole lot of nice.

I am thankful for my amazing husband, and thankful I have married into such a sweet family.

I am thankful for friends that cooked dinner for our family for over a week after Claire was born.

I am thankful for our little yellow house, and for the home Blake and I have made here in the past 5 years.

I am thankful for a friend that I met the first year I taught that is amazing mother, and has taught me to just slow down, and enjoy each moment.

I am thankful for sweet parents that love me...I never realized how much they loved me until I held Jackson and Claire for the first time.

I am thankful for my babies, and thankful for the plans God has for them.

I am thankful, most, for God's faithfulness. In every situation, He is ever faithful.

Lamentations 3:23-26
23 Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!”
25 The Lord is good to those who depend on him,
to those who search for him.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Claire said...

Thankful for you Alisha (and family). Love you all!!! Happy Thanksgiving.

LTF said...

Sweet post

The Sandefurs said...

very sweet post indeed...and a big aww that I made your list! You are a special friend indeed and i am so very thankful for you too!