Friday, June 18, 2010

Getting Ready for Our Girl

Since Blake is off work this month, we are trying to get just a couple of things finished around the house before school starts back. The first one will probably take forever: cleaning out the office/playroom/catch-all room that will soon be our new nursery. It is a mess!! I can't even bring myself to post the before pictures of the room because there is so much STUFF in there. We (Blake and a selected moving crew) will be taking my piano back to my parents' house, trying to figure out what to do with the nice desk that we really don't have room for, and doing something with a huge chest of heirloom quilts that belong to me. Also, the closet if filled to the max....so more decluttering at the the Freeman's! My goal is to have the room empty by the end of the month or the first of July.
We did put our girls' bed and furniture in lay a way a few weeks ago. I thought I would get white furniture, but in the end we liked a dark wood, and it was on sale!

We also got her bedding while we were on vacation last week. I found a Pottery Barn Kids in Birmingham, and we stopped on the way home, and I am glad I actually got to pick it out in person. We ended up deciding on something that I probably would not have even looked at twice on the website. It is just different shades of pink plaid, and I want her room to look simple and girly, so I think this is a good start. Below are some pictures I copied off of the web site of her bedding.

Feeling pretty good, and she is moving alot, it is just really hot!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!! Can't wait to see it in person!