Saturday, December 5, 2009

Trim the Tree Party

Tonight, after our crazy busy day, we had a party at our house. We had both sets of parents, and Brad and Lydia over to decorate the tree. We had soups, cookies, donut holes, and punch. My tree. Well, as you can see from lots of our posts, it is pretty much Jackson's world around here. Our house has a very open floor plan, so there is really no way to block anything off, if that makes any sense. So, the tree....I took all of my sentimental ornaments and put them in my bedroom on a tree that he can't reach. We put some shatterproof ornaments on the bottom, and Jackson took them off and threw them across the room, bowled with them, and played soccer with him, and cheered for himself, having the best time. So, he has some ornaments to play with, and only about 2/3 of our tree is decorated, which is the part that he can't reach. Seriously, I don't care. I am LOVING this chapter of my life and love having a 1/2 decorated Christmas tree.



He took this stocking ornament off, and tried to wear it.









I found a Hot Wheel car in my Snow Village. Love it.




Do you love it?

Oh, check out my cousin Jennifer's, blog (linked on the side). Her updates about her poor tree are cracking me up!

4 comments:

The Sandefurs said...

Mean ole' Jeff rearranged all the clumped up ornaments that Hudson put in one place. I was mad at him; like you, I like being a mommy and like the fact that all the ornaments in the same place meant that Hudson had helped decorate it!

Anonymous said...

HA! Love the hot wheel parked by the snow village. I think your tree is perfect... even if it isn't completely decorated. Our ornaments have been rearranged several times already. I love it too though! These are fun times. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh and Jackson trying to put on the stocking ornament... so him! Hilarious!

Electra Maven said...

Hi, How are you? I came across your Blog and I really enjoyed reading it! I found it very interesting! I'm a new blogger so I'd like to invite you to have a look at my blog and feel welcome to give me any kind of feedback and comments on my posts! :) I would really appreciate it! Thanks for sharing information and yr experiences! I wish you all the best! Kind Regards ;)

http://www.electra-spotlight.blogspot.com/

ps: great pics