Saturday, December 19, 2009

Five Years

On Thursday, Blake and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We agreed not to purchase gifts for one another, BUT Blake surprised me, and made me cry! He smuggled the vase that matches our china pattern from our home, and took it to the florist. He had the florist (which also happens to be family), recreate my wedding bouquet and put it in the vase. It is gorgeous, and so thoughtful. We then went out to a nice dinner at J. Alexander's. We had a nice, relaxing evening, and just enjoyed being together. Blake is my very best friend. I love him.

As I look back over our short five years of marriage, I am, again, reminded of God's faithfulness. Since we have been married, we have had lots of joy, but also some times of sadness. We have also experienced many changes. We moved into our our "new to us" house, became members of a new church, both changed jobs, and became parents. That is a lot to pack into 5 years, especially for me, who does not like change so much! But in the middle of every happy time, every change, and every sad time, God is a faithful God!

"For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100:5

3 comments:

On the Ride of Our Lives said...

Congratulations on five years. A lot has happened in those short five years. I look forward to reading your post when it's your 50th! ;-)

V-n-J said...

Happy Anniversary guys!

Teresa said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I hate to tell you, but the next 5 will fly by also and be full as well; such is life!!!!!!!But,yes God is Faithful!