Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Our First Date

(We don't have a scanner, forgive this incredible photo op, of sorts).


Our First Date: September 15, 2000

Location: Station House Restaurant, followed by Clumpie's Ice Cream and Stroll on the Walnut Street Bridge
Event: Phi Beta Chi Fall Formal Event
I knew he was the one when he sent flowers the weekend following our date. He didn't tell me his family owned a florist until weeks later, for fear of me thinking he had received a discount.
We look like such babies!


This picture was taken before:
-we had our teaching license (maybe that is why we look so young!)
-we graduated from UTC
-we had our "big kid" jobs
-we had car payments
-Blake had bought an engagement ring and rehearsed a proposal
-the real "Big Day," to follow 4 years later
-we paid rent, and later a mortgage
-I had a domestic bone in my body
-that dress became too tight :)
-this guy

"Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare."
Psalm 40:5

3 comments:

V-n-J said...

so young and innocent huh? very cute couple back then with an even more beautiful family now:)

The Bates Family said...

THat is so sweet! I will have to post a picture of Derek and I on our first date sometime! It's scary! I was a lot skinnier those days!

Anonymous said...

Awww... you guys do look like babies in that picture. Very sweet post!