Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Eve

We have been BFFs since we were eight years old.
We met in Mrs. Flynn's third grade class.
I took her 1/3 of our BFF necklace when she made me mad, and lied to our teacher and said I didn't.
We both read Nancy Drew books, and liked to write.
We had little girl squabbles that were just not nice.
We are as different as can be in some ways, but so alike in so many others.
We giggled about shaving our legs for the first time, and celeberated the awkwardness of middle school together.
She caught her hair on fire while blowing out the candles on her 13th birthday.
We went through band camp together.
We went to TCBY after school when we got our first cars and ate yogurt.
She told me I would marry Blake when we were in 11th grade.
We worked at Chuck E. Cheese together.
She brought me a banana milkshake when I had my wisdom teeth removed.
She supported me through college, and came to my graduation party.
She came and helped me pack before I went on a mission trip to Costa Rica.
She came to my grandad's funeral, just because she loves me. I will never forget that.
She stood beside me on my wedding day.
She was one of the first to know I was pregnant (and I didn't even tell her, she just knew).
She has encouraged me and had faith in me when sometimes I didn't.
She drove to the hospital from out of town, 35 weeks pregnant, to visit me in the hospital.
We text messaged at all hours of the night for the first year of our boys' lives.
She is awesome, and yesterday, she shared a little miracle with me, and I will never forget it.
I love you, Tiffany! And Lainey, well, she is just perfect.





Proverbs 17:17 "A friend loveth at all times"

2 comments:

The Sandefurs said...

Beautiful post, Alisha! Isn't it great to have friends like that? So glad that you have such a wonderful lifelong friend!

Christy C Beach said...

that is the sweetest thing! I love it.