Friday, March 15, 2013

Studiopendous 2013





 I LOVE THIS QUOTE!!!  I don't want to go on a total soap box on my thoughts about education, as I tend to keep my opinion to myself about these matters. And I am also still learning how to look at things now from a parent perspective, rather than a complete teacher standpoint.  But, this quote hits the nail on the head for me. 
 This quote applies to both my parental and teacher philosophies. I feel like so often, we (teachers)  rush children to "get them to where they need to be," get them ready for the next step, the next test, or even the next grade.  Where exactly are they going?  What I really want for Jackson more than anything is for him to love the Lord and serve Him with whatever he chooses to do.  I desire and pray for him to live a Godly life, and tell others about His love.  Aside from that, I want him to continue to love to learn.  Period.  This does take time and can't be rushed.  It can't be fit into a box or a curriculum.  I want him to think books are awesome, science is super cool, and soak up everything life has to offer him.

His little school he is at right now is so out of the box, and it has been such a blessing to our family.  I am sad this is most likely his last little art show and HPUMP.  He comes home singing songs about Jesus creating butterflies. They teach them that about creation...and that God created him.  They say the blessing at snack time, and have a class prayer list.   They even prayed for Granny when she was in the hospital.  And, they let kids explore and take charge of their own learning.  They give kids stuff, and let the children run with it.  It is the coolest little place!
Jackson's class made this...they auction them off for a fund raiser.


 Blake is the commissioner (by the way). 


Maybe we will even let Sissy give it a try next year. 

"The LORD your God is with you,
    the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
    in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
    but will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zephaniah 3:17

No comments: