Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 Book List

So, last year one of my goals was to read more books.  I LOVE to read, but have since neglected this hobby since having Jack and Claire.  I am very up to date on children's lit...but anything for myself....not so much.  Last year, I set a goal to read 12 books. That is nowhere near as much as I used to read, but I knew that was a realistic goal for me...one per month.  I have gotten into the good habit of reading at night after Jack and Claire go to sleep.  Bath.  Book. A lovely end to my day.  Without further ado...

Alisha's 2012 Book List:

1.  The Glass Castle (Jeanette Wells)
2. The Help (Kathryn Stockett)
3. The Atonement Child (Francine Rivers)
4. Resolutions for Women (Priscilla Shirer)
5. So Long Insecurity (Beth Moore)
6. One Thousand Gifts (Ann Voskamp)
7. Radical (David Platt)
8. Waking the Dead (John Eldredge)
9. Breaking Free (Beth Moore)
10. Wild Things: The Art of Raising Boys (Stephen James, David Thomas)
11. Leota's Garden (Francine Rivers)
12.  The Power of a Praying Wife (Stormie Omartian)
 13.  The Holy Bible....I have a copy of a One Year Bible.  I read a couple of chapters from the Old Testament, New Testament, and a few verses of a Psalm or Proverb most days.  I missed some days, but most days started my morning in The Word in 2012.  Blake and I are going to do the same thing this year, but may follow a different plan and read straight through this year. I need to go to Lifeway and get a Study Bible.  The pages of mine all fell out during my first three years of teaching 3rd grade due to excessive use.

What did you read last year or plan to read in 2013?  Looking for some more good reads!

Happy New Year!

No comments: