Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yay for the Yule Log


The newspaper had an article and recipe this week for an edible Yule Log. I saw this, and wanted to make one to take to the Freeman Christmas on Sunday...but it was way, way too complicated for me to make. The recipe is the same one that the baker at Rembrant's uses..they only sale these during the month of December. I called to see about ordering one...forty dollars...no thanks. My mom is a great cook, and this was a recipe was a little more on her level. So she helped me make it...I so wish I had not forgot to take my camera, so I could have documented the process. But, we had fun, it looks pretty, and it tasted AMAZING!!!


These reindeer cookies, Jackson and I tackled solo.
I was up until midnight working on wrapping and some other things Saturday night....guess who was up until 1:45. We love her...should have known better than to decorate her room with owls. She is indeed our little night owl...sweetie pie!!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Very proud of your baking success. I am sorry though, when I hear 'Yule Log,' I can't help but think of Christmas Vacation.

Reindeer Cookies turned out great too. =)