Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas...Freeman Style

Sunday after church, we had our Christmas celebration with the Freeman's. The above is the edible Yule Log my mom and I made on Saturday night for me to take. It is worthy of its own blog post, as it was way out of my cooking comfort zone, and was quite possibly the most beautiful thing I have ever made in the kitchen (if I do say so myself). Lots of ingredients, steps, and directions. Moving on....
Claire: So excited about the festivities.
Blake: Practicing for a photo shoot, in case ever decides to give up his day job and pose for GQ.
Us: Waiting for Present Time.
Camden: The proud owner of a new Captain Underpants costume. Glad Blake didn't get one of these, too.
Darla: The new owner of the Greedy Christmas gag gift....Blake's grandfather's false teeth. They have been in the family for years. Love heirlooms.
Did we disguise them well?
Donnie Freeman: The proud owner of a new Superman Snuggie. This made my day. I could not stop laughing.
Brad: The proud owner of a very LARGE box of chocolates. People should buy these and give them as baby shower gifts...for the mama. I could have eaten the whole thing a few months ago.
The polar opposite of the Whitman Sampler gift...a book on fasting.
Scott: Proud recipient of the non gift. But, he has batteries now if Santa leaves him a present.
Sweet girlies.

Merry Christmas. Fun times. Love being part of this family.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Awesome. You can almost hear the laughter leap off the screen. I am in love with the Superman Snuggie. That may make my gift giving list.

The Sandefurs said...

What a fun family! Reminds me of the Sandefur clan; always silly and fun and laughter when we are together. And Blake in that Captain Underpants costume would be my job security, girl! See ya in the OR in 9 months...