Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Some Snapshots of Lately

Back to School Shoe Shopping.
Mrs. Josie Jane Freeman
Jackson taking his first peek at his new cousin.
He was pretty excited!
Waiting to meet the newest Miss Freeman.
Our Tuesday morning buddies.  I have watched Hudson and Carson on Tuesday mornings this summer.  Today, was our last day watching them both.  Hudson starts back to school next week.  Jackson had a fun time playing with them, and I got all of my laundry finished and put away every Tuesday. :)
     Opem Blake.  Jackson has always called Brad, Opem Brad, rather than Uncle Brad.  So, now we have   Opem Blake.  I love it! 


A few other notes:
  • Claire has started calling ice cream "happy."  She will say, "I want some happy."  When we get ice cream she says, "Yay!  Happy."  Tonight, we got ice cream, and she dropped it, and said, "Oh, no....happy." I think that is so cute!
  • She has also referring to herself...as self.  When she does something...she says, "Yay, self."  And she refuses to say her own name.  
  • A dog got in our trash this morning and it was all over the yard.  I was highly irritated. 
  • Blake, Jack, and I have been staying up way too late watching gymnastics every night. 
  • A couple of weeks ago, I started doing devotions with Jackson and Claire while they were eating at breakfast, rather than waiting until bedtime, and it is working.  Some nights, we would be busy,  out late, not home, kids too tired, etc. and we would not read our devotion.   I hope we can continue this routine when preschool starts.  Jackson is like a sponge these days, and I want to make the most of these opportunities.  A while back he asked me a question about the Bible that I did not know the answer to.  He told me he would ask Mrs. Nancy.  Jackson said she knew everything about the Bible.  :) 

2 comments:

The Sandefurs said...

We made the blog... Yay!! Messy hair Car Car!

He will ask Mrs. Nancy.... That's classic!!

Tiffany said...

Tell Claire I want some happy too :)