Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Day












Jackson's first Christmas was so much fun. Thankfully, he and Blake were both feeling better, and thankfully I did not get sick! Blake and I both woke up around 6:00 on Christmas morning and exchanged gifts with one another. My favorite gift from Blake and Jackson was a Willow Tree figurine of a family of three. Last year, he gave me the figurine that was "great with child," so I thought that this year's gift was really special. Santa gave Jackson three Christmas gifts: a Cruise and Crawl Musical Jungle, and stacker, and a block shape sorter. He seems to like the Musical Jungle best. It is in our living room, and it keeps him pretty occupied. We spent some time at home, just the three of us, and then headed to my parents' house to spend time with them. We exchanged gifts with my mom, dad, brother, and soon to be sister in law, and enjoyed a yummy breakfast with them. After breakfast, Jackson and I went to my old bedroom, and took a LONG nap.
Around 2:00, we headed to Blake's grandmother's for lunch, and a gift exchange. That evening, we headed to Blake's parents house and exchanged gifts. We also played a game, "Imaginiff." It is a very fun game to play, and quite hilarious to play with a group of people that you know really well!
It was a busy day, but lots of fun. I didn't feel quite as rushed this year, and felt like I spent quality time with our little family and our big families. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends to celebrate the birth of our Savior with.




1 comment:

The Sandefurs said...

Carson, Cooper and now Jackson all have the velour dalmatian outfit. Isn't it too cute? Carson has only worn his once, but I really liked it on him.